Hadleigh Hares Triathlon Section Awards 2015
By Hadleigh Hares, Feb 5 2016 11:36PM
Friday 20th November 2015 saw the ninth annual awards night for the Hares Triathlon Section. Once again The George provided the usual convivial atmosphere to enjoy a celebration of the achievements of our triathletes over the past year. The key awards are based on the full range of multisport distances ranging from Novice Triathlete of the Year all the way through to the prestigious John Chisnall Ironman of the Year Award. During a relatively quiet season, Hares have represented the club at every distance from Super Sprint to full Ironman and this year we were also able to represent Great Britain in a number of events including World Championships. We already have a qualifier for next years Sprint Triathlon European Championships with the qualification of Jasmine Hayward to represent GB in Lisbon next spring.
We were also able to welcome five new triathletes each of whom completed their first triathlons last season, including two juniors, Elizabeth Stewart and Will White, who made the transition to adult competition.
Over the course of a fine, if somewhat raucous dinner, the main awards were as follows:
• Most Prolific Triathlete – Penny Grayson & Andrew Stewart
• Most Improved Triathlete – Jasmine Hayward
• Club Sprint Champion – Jasmine Hayward
• Duathlete of the Year – Adam Johnson
• All Rounder of the Year – Penny Grayson
• Senior Triathlete of the Year – Penny Grayson
• Novice Triathlete of the Year – Elizabeth Stewart
• Age Group Triathlete of the Year – Pat Atwood
• Junior Triathlete of the Year – Elizabeth Stewart
• Coaches Award – Dave Sephton
• John Chisnall Ironman of the Year – Leon Hayward
• Triathlete’s Triathlete of the Year – Leon Hayward
Hadleigh Hares Triathlon Section is always looking for more members to join the fun and challenge of multi-sport racing. You don’t have to be a Brownlee, you don’t have to be incredibly fit, you don’t even have to be young. Triathlon is an age grouped sport where you compete against your own age as well as everyone else.
If you fancy getting involved contact [email protected] for more details of training sessions, group rides and runs.
I am interested in taking part in triathlons. I am a beginner and would like to join a club for moral support!